Unfortunately, your request exceeds the current stock. Please choose a quantity less than -2 to proceed. Thanks!
bac<® Posture Cushion, Black Only left -3 in stock.
Helps to correct poor seated posture and strengthen core muscles. We all know that sitting in one position for prolonged periods of time is bad for our health. The Posture Cushion overcomes this by encouraging active sitting and giving you a work out at the same time.
By destabilizing the sitting surface, your body is constantly working, making micro movements (often unnoticed). In doing so it helps improve both balance and core stability as you core muscles work to keep the body upright.
Doing this everyday over a couple of weeks, you will begin to see a change in your posture and core strength.
As your body becomes accustomed to your improved natural strengthened abdominal and back muscles, you will no doubt feel better, as well as more confident and healthier. Over time you will find that you will retain this healthy seated posture, even when not using the cushion. Core stability muscles are what provide our bodies with the postural support we need when sitting in order to retain a healthy posture.
- The cushion is already pre-inflated to the correct level and is ready to use. Please note that the Posture Cushion is not designed to be fully inflated. This is to ensure that there is enough instability to encourage active sitting.
- Place the cushion on a chair. If possible try and use a chair that does not have arms to avoid using these as supports.
- Sit on the cushion and place your feet flat on the floor. The knees should be slightly lower than the hips, so adjust the height of your seat if necessary. We recommend using the cushion for 30 minute periods throughout the day, allowing your muscles time to relax.
- With Cushion: The Posture Cushion actively encourages you to sit upright in an improved posture. The pelvis is tilted forward, elongated and aligning the spine. Do not slouch whilst using the cushion as this will inhibit any strengthening of the postural muscles. 4b. Without Cushion: Without the posture cushion it is easy to slump into your chair, the spine curves round, putting pressure on your lower back and shoulder area.
- The Posture Cushion de-stabilizes your sitting surface. Our body is therefore required to perform micro-movements in order to balance and keep ourselves upright. It is through these movements that we strengthen the core stability muscles which provide us with the postural support we need when sitting.